How we began
Holy Brook Meadows Community Interest Company (CIC) was established in 2015 to own and protect the meadows.
Holy Brook Meadows has been the home of inspirational camps since 2001. The dream of owning the meadows, and becoming custodians of this beautiful land, was often spoken of around the evening campfire. In 2013 the opportunity arose and in 2015 we formed a Community Interest Company to formally steward the land.
The funds to buy Holy Brook Meadows came from a bequest by the late Jo Curry whose life was transformed by her experiences at the camps held there every summer. Because of her legacy and the generosity of several others our long held vision to own and care for this land was realised.
The scope of the CIC’s activities is twofold. The first is to steward the meadows in a way that protects and enhances their beauty and biodiversity. The second is to make the land available for inspirational camps and events.
Community Interest Company
Holy Brook Meadows CIC was established in 2016 to own and protect the meadows. Holy Brook Meadows CIC is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee and governed by its Articles of Association.
A Community Interest Company (CIC) is a limited company, with special additional features, created for the use of people who want to conduct a business or other activity for community benefit.
Holy Brook Meadows CIC:
- supports activities on the land which offer transformative experiences, facilitate community-building and help people engage with nature.
- is committed to responsible stewardship which respects the environment
- believes that small is beautiful and therefore sets limits on the scale of events and activities in the meadows
- seeks to be a positive presence in the local community
- is committed to openness, accountability and transparency
You can read our policies on values and safety here: